Island peak climbing is one of the very interesting but challenging trekking peak in Khumbu, Everest region. It is called island peak because it seems like a island in a sea of ice when viewed from Dingboche. Really it looks like an island with its’ shape. For Island peak climbing , one can take a flight to lukla from Kathmandu and the trek starts from lukla to island peak or also the other alternative is people can acclimatize to Everest Base Camp & Kalapathar. There is also one another alternative routes which follows from Phaplu.
You can take a flight to Phpalu or incase of the flight cancellation due to weather condition you can also drive with a private jeep or Bus from Kathmandu to Phaplu. After Kalapathar one can return back to Dingboche and climb up to Chukung. From there it takes almost 3 to 4 hrs hike to island peak Base camp at an elevation of 5090m. from the sea level. From the top of island peak it is very spectacular and fantastic view of the surrounding mountains like Lotse, Amadablam, Thamserku , kusum khang, khang tega, Mera peak, Makalu etc. It takes 19 days altogether from beginning to end of the trek.
|Name||Region||Height||March to May||Sep. to Nov.||Dec. to Feb.||June to August|
|Island Peak||Khumbu Himal||6189m,||USD 250||USD 125||USD 70||USD 70|
- Challenging trekking peak in Khumbu, Everest region.
- As the name implies, it seems like a island in a sea of ice when viewed from Dingboche.
- Spectacular view of the surrounding mountains like Lotse, Amadablam, Thamserku , kusum khang, khang tega, Mera peak, Makalu etc.
Today our airport representative will pick you up from the airport and transfer to the hotel. Evening we will provide well come dinner with the cultural program in Nepali restaurant. Alt. 1350m. ( – /- / WD
According to the flight schedule you will transfer to the airport for the Domestic flight to Lukla. Lukla lies at an elevation of 2800m. from sea level. After arriving lukla and managing the trekking staff in lukla, start the trek to phakding 2600m. flight duration 35m. from kathmandu to Lukla. ( B/ L/D
After the breakfast you will start your trek to Namche. About 2 hours walking you will meet the sagaramatha naionla park Entry gate at Monjo. All the visitors from the foreign countries are check in here their entry permit in this national park station. After checking the permit you will continue your journey to Jorsalle where you will get a hot lunch. There after you will get the next tea house on short below Namche. After crossing the Hillary bridge you have to climb steeply up to Namche almost 2 and half. hrs. walking ca. 5 to 6 hrs. 3440 m. (B/L/D
Today is the day for acclimatization in Namche bazar. That doesn’t mean that you should spend the day lounging around the village instead, you should use this day to help your body acclimatize as much as possible before sleeping at a higher altitude tomorrow. So today at least you should climb up to Everest view hotel which lies at an elevation of 3780m. from the sea level. That means one should go higher and sleep lower to maintain the altitude. 4 to 5 hrs ( B/L/D.
After spending 2 Nights in Namche bazar. Today it’s time to depart in search of a more peaceful Himalayan village. you will passing through kyangjuma and sanasa to Phungi tenga, which is about 600m. down at the river side. From here you will again climb up to Tengboche Monastery. After visiting Monastery you will solowly descend down ca. 100m. to Debuche. Walking 6 to 7 hrs. ( B/L/D.
Today after breakfast start the trek to Dingboche. Dingboche lies at an elevation of 4410m. from the sea level. You will also pass through the large and ancient village of Pengboche, which is known as 16th Century monastery that has very famous relics. You can also see the skull of yeti inside the monastery. After visiting monastery you have to continue your journey towards shomare via Osho and finally you will reach at Dingboche. walking duration ca. 5 to 6 hrs. (B/L/D.
Without any hustle and bustle preparing the luggage and having breakfast. It is now time to moving towards to Lobuche. Which lies at an elevation of 4910m. Now you are slowly going into thin air. It doesn’t mean that you don’t get any oxygen, but comparatively it is very low oxygen in this elevation. We would like to suggest you to drink a lot, which means at least 3 to 4 ltrs of water per day. Walking duration 4 to 5 hrs. (B/L/D.
Now from here the trek goes very slowly and move to Gorakshep, the highest settlement in Everest region, which lies at an elevation of 5100m. from sea level. Afternoon hiking to E.B.C. as per your interest. Walking duration 4 to 5 hrs. (B/L/D.
Early morning hiking to Kalapathar and after breakfast slowly descend down to lobuche. 4910m.
Trek descend to Dingboche the same way back from lobuche to Dingboche. ca. 5 hrs. (B/L/D.
Now from today you are on the way to Island peak Base camp. Before reaching island peak you should stay one more night at Chukung at an elevation of 4700m. overnight at chukung village. Walking duration ca. 4 to 5 hrs. (B/L/D.
After breakfast without any rush, slowly ascend to island peak base camp. 5090m. walking duration approx. 5 hrs. (B/L/D.
An Adventurous day of the trekking, very early morning (probably at the midnight) climb to an island peak for the summit. Our climbing guide will bring you to the destination which you had planned. After reaching summit, descend down to base camp. Taking rest for a while till you will get fit again and after a bowl of warm soup, slowly descend down to Chukung. duration ca 18 to 19 hrs. (B/L/D.
Today we descend down to Deboche at an elevation of 3700m. You will descend down same way which you follow upwards. duration ca. 5 to 6 hrs. (B/L/D.
Now today you will reach again the headquarter of sherpa people in Namche bazar. After a long day you will now enjoy the different varieties of breads, bakeries and coffee at Namche bazar. ca. 5 to 6 hrs. (B/L/D.
Today you should start little bit earlier, after breakfast you should descend down to the Sagaramatha national park check point. Here now you have to check out and now you are out of national park area. After having a hot lunch at phakding you will continue your trek to lukla via Cheplung. Walking duration ca. 7 to 8 hrs. (B/L/D.
According to the flight schedule you will transfer to the airport. After arriving at ktm our airport executive will bring you to the hotel. Flight duration ca. 35 min. (B/- /-
According to the plan after breakfast you will pick up by our city guide to the world heritage site in kathmandu. Which are very popular and visitable. In the evening the company will provide fare well dinner at Nepali restaurent with cultural program. duration ca. 4 to 5 hrs. (B/- / FD.
According to your flight schedule our airport executive will bring you to the airport for final departure.
- Arrival and departure transportation by private vehicle
- 3 Nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu flight tickets
- Lobuche Peak Permits
- Climbing guide
- Garbage deposit
- 3 Nights Tents during climbing period
- One day full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
- welcome and farewell dinner
- All ground transportation by private vehicle as per itinerary
- All government, local and airport taxes
- All essential paperwork for trekking permits
- Tims Card
- National park fees
- Accommodation in trekking with room sharing basis
- Foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea or coffee during the trek
- Porters (2 trekkers- 1 porter)
- An English/German speaking trained and government license holder trekking guide
- Staff's salaries, insurance, equipment, foods, accommodation and flight tickets
- Medical Kit
- Visa fees in Nepal
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (except farewell & well come dinner)
- Excess baggage Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu
- Sleeping bags and down Jackets
- Climbing gears and equipment
- International flight tickets
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Hot Shower
- Battery Charge
- Mineral water
- Hot water
- Personal expenditure (bar bills and laundry)
- Extra night hotel in Kathmandu
- All entrance fees in Kathmandu during your sightseeing
- Tips for guide and porters
- Alpine rising Harness: a good quality harness ought to be lightweight and easy in style, straightforward to place on and commence with gloves on, with absolutely fully proofed lockup options.
- Crampons: Crampons should work boots perfectly; steel crampons with anti-balling and skill to toe purpose absolutely and safely into ice.The lighter the higher – additional weight on your feet is far a lot of strenuous than anyplace else on your body.
- Ice axe: piolet ought to be versatile and light-weight.An all-purpose technical piolet (T rated) however not too aggressive.
- Ascender: Ascender or Jumar, to used for ascending on a rope; should be appropriate to be used with gloves or mittens.
- Multi-LED Head Lamp: Multi-LED Head Lamp and spare batteries are essential. We don’t want to recommend to single bulb light due to the low reliability.
- Carabiners: Minimum a pair of lockup carabiners, one large and one small and four regular.
- Rappel device: Figure 8, ATC guard or similar;
- Trekking poles: preferably with a straightforward outside lockup mechanism
- Prusik Rope: Masks, hoses, and regulators: smart quality for your safety. Altimeter: fundamentals watch or a lot of advanced GPS watches can do the trick.
- Climbing helmet: a rising helmet is important safety gear for crossing areas underneath rocks and ice cliffs; light-weight is important.
Upper Body: A pair of polar fleece jacket, One Gore-tex and waterproof jacket, warm sweater or high neck, few pairs of T-shirts for the trekking below base camp. Windproof jacket, Light down jacket for the high elevation and for the chilly day in base camp.
Head: Warm wool hat, Scarf or Mask, Glacier or Sunglasses with light and dark lens, Face Scarf to cover your face during climbing when it is chill.
Lower Body: A pair of trousers for the trekking and pairs of long inner trouser for the high elevation, Gore-Tex or windproof trouser, etc.
Feet: A pair of warm woolen socks, A pair of liner socks, a few pairs of lightweight trekking socks, etc.
For more detail inquiry please contact us here.